Monday, July 18, 2011

Update for 7/18/11

Chloe made great progress today.  First of all, she was taken out of ICU and is a regular patient now.  Tomorrow is her first "work out" day in physical therapy.  They will put her in a wheel chair and take her to a special gym for recovering children.  They'll put her through her paces and make her stand up.  She might even get to go outside in her wheel chair.
Today she tasted real food since her accident.  She had Top Ramen for lunch!  For dinner she ate a few different things like rice, applesauce, and string cheese.  And then ice cream for dessert!  Unfortunately, she still has to live with a feeding tube that goes in her nose and down into her stomach, but at least she can have some real food.
Chloe is starting to show her personality again.  Her dad was sticking his tongue out at her, but hiding it from everyone else.  When Chloe "told on him", he denied it - teasing her.  She held up two fingers and pointed them towards her eyes and then towards her dad.  She said, "I've got my eyes on you!"  We are so glad that her great attitude is coming back!  We look forward to seeing you Chloe!

5 comments:

  1. Chloe-
    I HOPE U GET FEELING BETTER SOON!
    I'M BAILEY GILES I LIVE DOWN THE STREET FROM YOU.
    I HOPE TO SEE YOU IN PRIMARY SOON.
    LOVE BAILEY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe-
    My name is cassi I live with bailey down the street Im three I just want to say (HI)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chloe-
    HI CHLOE I ALSO LIVE WITH BAILEY AND CASSI. YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ME.I HERD ABOUT THE LITTLE ACEDENT WITH THE HORSE. I AM REALY SORRY ABOUT THAT.I HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON.OH BY THE WAY MY NAME IS SHELBIE GILES.I HERD YOUR DOING BETER. I HOPE YOU GET WELL SOON!
    LOVE,SHELBIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brent and Chloe-
    Hello this is sister Giles I'm Shelbie,Bailey,Cassi,and Rileys mother.
    Yes we do live down the street from you. I'm sorry I have not gotten to meet you,I work as a RN at the hospital and Ionly get to come to chruch every other week. This was the first I had heared about your acedent,but I will tell you one thing,that are family and this ward believe in the power of prayer and fasting for the members of this ward,and have seen miricals of every kind. I hope you know we are praying for you,that you both will be at peace and that sweet chloe heals and you are blest with the strength to support and continue on until this trial is over. Chloe you will have to ask Bailey about her mirical when you come home. god bless you both were praying and thinking of you always love the Giles. P.S. sorry no message from Riley he is only ten months old and is fast a sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Chloe-
    I am so happy you are getting better. I can't wait to come and visit you! I will bring some games we can play together. I am glad you finally got to eat today- I bet it tasted yummy! Is it fun to ride in a wheel chair?
    I will keep saying my prayers for you.

    Love,
    Eliza"

    ReplyDelete